- –Risks are only taken within risk tolerance limits after careful consideration.
- –Risks are managed systematically.
- –Risks are only taken if they can be borne, offset by reasonable returns, and the capabilities for managing the risks have been confirmed.
- –Risks are effectively contained, controlled and independently managed at all levels.
- –Loans are only extended to clients who meet minimum creditworthiness and solvency criteria.
- –Concentration risks are avoided.
- –The credit policy is prudent.
- –The focus is on financing owner-occupied residential property.
- –Corporate clients are evaluated based on the following aspects: regional ties, sufficient diversification, risk/return ratio and minimal exposure to high-risk industries.
- –Interest rate risks are managed using proven tools and clearly defined guidelines and limits.
- –Raiffeisen Switzerland trains and advises the Raiffeisen banks.
- –Foreign currency assets are generally refinanced in the same currency (matched book approach).
- –Trading risks are strategically clearly limited.
- –Liquidity sources are properly diversified.
- –Liquidity trends in the Raiffeisen Group are assessed at operational, tactical and strategic levels.
- –The Raiffeisen banks and Notenstein La Roche Private Bank Ltd manage liquidity risks at their own discretion based on instructions provided by Raiffeisen Switzerland.
- –Access to money and capital markets is provided centrally through Raiffeisen Switzerland.
- –Risks are evaluated through regular top-down and bottom-up risk assessments.
- –Risks are monitored using key risk indicators and an early warning system.
- –The appropriateness and effectiveness of key controls in all risk-related processes is periodically reviewed and confirmed at the Group level.
- –Internal and external events are analysed on an ongoing basis.
Legal and compliance risk
- –Statutory, regulatory and professional provisions are promptly translated into internal rules and workflows.
- –Contracts are followed and enforced.